Little Rock Criminal Defense Attorneys Fight to Protect Your Rights
Providing dedicated criminal defense in Arkansas
Since 1994, the James Law Firm has represented clients at every level of the Arkansas and federal courts. There is no substitute for an experienced attorney, and at James Law Firm, we have both technical knowledge and practical experience. We know the criminal law process and are familiar with the rules — written and unwritten — of the courts in our region. We leave no stone unturned when we’re building a solid defense for you.
Aggressive criminal defense representation
James Law Firm is the largest criminal defense law firm in Arkansas. For two decades, we have been providing the people of Arkansas cost-effective defense in thousands of cases, from municipal courts to the Supreme Court. Here are some facts about our diverse criminal law practice:
- Homicide — James Law Firm defends all levels of homicide offenses, up to and including capital cases.
- Robbery — Our well-prepared attorneys defend you against robbery charges, whether you have been arrested for simple robbery or aggravated robbery.
- DWI — If the government alleges that you were driving while intoxicated, we use every legal tool available to challenge the state’s evidence.
- Drug possession — Possession of a controlled substance can carry serious penalties. At James Law Firm, we work to suppress the state’s improperly obtained evidence and defend your rights against drug charges in court.
- Drug distribution — Drug trafficking and distribution charges can involve street drugs as well as prescription drugs. Trafficking and distribution convictions are generally punished more severely that drug possession. We start working on your case immediately to help secure your freedom.
- Sex crimes — Prostitution and child pornography are just two examples of the wide range of nonviolent sex crimes charges we defend clients against. The government also is targeting Internet sex crimes against minors. We make the prosecutors meet their burden of proof while challenging their evidence and methods.
- Sexual assault — Rape and sexual assault are considered violent sex crimes. A conviction for a violent sex crime can mean a long prison sentence and lifelong registration as a sex offender. We aggressively defend you with an understanding that, if convicted, your life will never be the same.
- Weapons charges — Our attorneys have extensive experience defending Arkansas residents against state and federal weapons charges. We protect your constitutional rights.
- Federal crimes — Federal crimes are prosecuted in an entirely different court system from state crimes. It is critical to retain an attorney who knows the federal playing field and can anticipate the government’s next move. We have two decades of experience in both state and federal courts.
- Organized crime — We effectively defend clients charged with RICO violations and other serious organized crime allegations in Arkansas.
- Juvenile crimes — Our aggressive, knowledgeable attorneys work to shield your child from the harsh consequences of a conviction of a juvenile crime.
- Appeals — When there’s a basis for taking your case up on appeal, we don’t stop fighting for your freedom after a conviction.
Whether it means arguing for you at trial, working out a plea bargain or fighting for your rights on appeal, James Law Firm is your partner for the duration of your criminal case.
Contact our Little Rock attorneys about your criminal defense needs
At the James Law Firm, our attorneys are ready to defend you, regardless of what you are charged with. Contact us online or by phone at (501) 375-0900 to schedule your free consultation at our Little Rock office. Hablamos español.