William O. “Bill” James Jr. co-founded James Law Firm in 1994. For more than 25 years, he has been recognized for his superior work in the areas of criminal defense and white-collar crime.
During his professional career, he has acquired bar admissions in Arkansas, the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas, the U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas, and the U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit. He has been a member of the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Pulaski County Bar Association, and also served as a charter member of the Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys from 1999 to 2016.
He is former member of the Board of Directors for the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and has earned lifetime membership in the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. In addition, he was named Mid-South Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers magazine four consecutive times.
- 1994, Arkansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. Supreme Court
Law School Attended
- Great Falls, Montana, January 29, 1965
Associations & Memberships
- Pulaski County (President, 2003-2004; Secretary/Treasurer, 2001-2002; Member, Board of Directors, 1997-2001; Chairman, Law Week, 1998-2001, 2005), Arkansas (Member, Board of Governors, 2004—; House of Delegates, 1999-2001; Chairman, Criminal Law Division, 2004-2005) and American Bar Associations
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association (Chairman: New Lawyers Division, 1996-1997; Criminal Law Division, 1998-1999; Member, Board of Directors, 1998-2000)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (President 2001-2003; Secretary/Treasurer 2000-2001)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Member, Board of Directors, 2002-2004, 2005—)